Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Planting Seeds in Winter

Snow is still on the ground here in Baltimore but spring is totally in the air. With two back to back blizzards I spent a lot of snow day time doing things I don't normally have time to do like sitting still drinking tea and writing in my journal, reading magazines that had stacked up since last fall, sitting by the fire with my dog and husband, making inspiring laylists on Itunes and of course shoveling and visiting neighbors.

There were moments when I was bored and frustrated with cabin fever. But now that I'm free and busy again running around from client to class to client, I reflect back on those snow days and miss them a little! Balancing life is such a Catch 22, even for me - A yoga teacher who totally understands the importance of quieting the mind, simplicity and stillness...

The cool thing about the stillness and "doing nothing" is just how productive it is! Those few days when my clients and classes were cancelled and I wasn't busy "doing" (making money) were such an awesome opportunity for me to look back and look forward to where I've been and where I'm going.

Now, just a few weeks later, the seeds I planted when there was 4 feet of snow on the ground are starting to sprout and grow, which is so exciting and exhilerating.

Yep, I'm definitely WAY excited for spring this year. But I'm grateful for those snow days too (I just don't want any more of them right now!)

"Slow down and the thing you are chasing will come around and catch you." - Zen saying

No comments:

Post a Comment