Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Chocolate Superfood Pudding



I was in the mood for chocolate today. But between work and school I didn't have much time to spare. Then I realized I had cashews, raspberries and dates ... And I always have the staples coconut oil and cacao in the pantry. So as soon as I walked in the door, I threw the cashews in water to soak, finished my school work and jumped in the shower. Before dinner, I threw all the ingredients in the Vitamixer and within two minutes - dessert! 

The best part is, this is a guilt-free, gluten-free, raw, vegan, superfood sweet! The cacoa is high in iron, fiber and magnesium; the cashews are high in antioxidants and minerals.

I'm no chef. So this is a rough recipe but give it a try and adjust to your taste and the consistency you like... 

1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 3-4 hours)
6-8 dates, seeded 
3-4 Tablespoons raw cacao 
1/4 cup organic coconut oil 
1/2 cup (or less) water or other liquid like almond milk. Start with less and add a little as you go. I winged it. 

Throw it all in the blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until smooth. Put it in the fridge for an hour or so. Top with berries or peppermint leaves if you have them.  Enjoy!!! 

PS the Beaujolais in the background of the picture was not supposed to be there! But you could certainly enjoy with a glass of red wine which is high in the heart-healthy antioxidant called resveratrol. One glass will do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment