Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Super food and Kombucha football food

A few weeks ago I went to the Ravens game and my husband ate the standard football fare of fried chicken nuggets, French fries with some random dipping sauce and of course beer. Lots of beer. 

He was sick in his stomach for a good 24 hours post game. He often jokes that I've "ruined him"... He prefers to eat the good, healthy, clean food I cook for him! He realizes more than ever how much better he feels with good food... And how bad he feels with crappy food. 

Since it's post Thanksgiving and the pre Holiday rush is on, everyone could use a boost to their immune system. And since 70% of our immune system lies in our digestive tract, we need to eat well and add in lots of probiotics. Thankfully that's easier and more delicious than ever with KeVitas new Master Brew kombucha drinks! 


Now that I'm in health coach / nutrition school I'm experimenting in the kitchen and cooking even healthier! So today when my fave Olympian / former yoga client came over to watch the Ravens game I decided to create some healthy game day food.... 

... Super Food burgers and turmeric veggie quinoa! Aside from feeding a former Olympian, I was extra motivated to make foods with anti inflammatory properties since I just had just run a hilly 8K the day before and was feeling a little achy and sore. 

Super Food Burgers:
1 sweet potato, grated
1 carrot, grated 
1 cup kale, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped 
1 pound grass fed beef or venison
2 organic eggs
1/2 cup oatmeal 
2T mustard 
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 

I grilled them but you can fry or oven bake. If you're gluten free put it on a bed of greens with mustard and olive oil. Otherwise a big kaiser roll is great. The super food burger is a new football food fave!! And combined with the KeVita Komucha... I was wishing they sold stuff like this at the stadium... No one would go home feeling bloated and exhausted. 


Stay healthy this holiday season! I committ to 10-15 minutes of yoga a day, eating super foods and I am addicted to KeVita Master Brew Kombucha probiotic drinks to keep my digestive tract and immune system healthy! Cheers! 

Namaste, 

Karen Dubs 
www.flexiblewarrior.com




No comments:

Post a Comment