Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Unstoppable / Thanks Mom!

Hello Warriors!

On the heels of a challenging and adventurous week in Colorado at Knights of Heroes camp with some seriously courageous sons and daughters of our countries heroes, I'm home for three days to "catch my breath" (and we yogis all know how important breath is!) before I head across the pond to London to meet up with our girl Suzanne Stettinius (be sure to tune into to Modern Pentathlon even on Aug 12th). I CAN NOT WAIT to see her beautiful face and stretch her long limbs.

I'll admit I'm exhausted from hiking, biking, climbing, and lots of adventuring plus I've got un-packing, laundry and re-packing to do, so I'll keep this short on text today and share with three videos that stir my emotions a bit. I can't be the only one who cries when they hear an inspiring song or a Mom talking about their child's lifelong journey to the Olympics! Take a few moments to watch these videos and think about your own journey... where you came from, where you are and where you are going.

First, the song "Unstoppable" by Rascal Flatts... "Get on your knees and dig down deep. You can do what you think is impossible. You are unstoppable."



Next, you want to know a secret about Suzanne?! She's a GLEEK! Yep, she loves the show Glee. And a few months back when the Glee cast did this performance of "I Believe I can Fly" I personally think it was JUST FOR Suzanne...


And now, the best for last. If THIS doesn't choke you up, check your pulse. There is ALWAYS a Mom behind every Olympic athlete, who has sacrificed to help make their child's dream come true. I hope to next see a "Thank You Mom" P & G profile on Suzanne's amazing mom, Avis Stettinius...


And I'd like to take this opportunity to personally thank my mom, Pat Ebert, for always giving me freedom and allowing me to make mistakes, for driving me around to all my sports when I was in school, for giving me freedom to adventure and for trusting me to make my own choices and mistakes, for always being there to cheer me on, for teaching me to be independant and for not smothering me, for showing me how to be sensible with money, appreciate what I had, and to balance my checkbook and only buy what I could afford, for taking me to church and teaching me core values ... and mostly for showing me how to be grounded, confident and to have integrity.

Being a mentor at Knights of Heroes camp last week made me realize even more how grateful I am to have parents who instilled in me these qualities and core values that have made my life so full and fun. Thanks Mom!
OK my friends! I am off to London on Thursday! I will try to mobile blog from there. Thanks for all your well wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment